Safeguarding in Offaly
Offaly Sports Partnership is hosting the Safeguarding 1 (child welfare & protection) basic awareness workshop on Wednesday, 12th July from 7 – 10pm in Mucklagh Community Centre
To book your place, please register at the link here - https://safeguarding-1-child-protection-training-12-July-2023.eventbrite.ie
Safeguarding 1 educates participants on the implementation of best practice in protecting the welfare of children involved in sport. Delivered across three hours from 7-10pm, participants should by the end of the course be able to: -
- implement best practice in safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and adults involved in sport
- create a child-centred environment within the sports club
- list categories of abuse and some indicators associated with abuse
- make appropriate response to a disclosure or a concern
- make a report to Designated Liaison Person or appropriate Statutory Authorities
Participants must attend the full three hours to secure their certificate of attendance and be registered with Offaly Sports Partnership and in turn, Sport Ireland as having completed Safeguarding 1 (child protection) training
Feel free to get in touch with any additional queries, etc.
Call below for new dates.
Administrator, Offaly Sports Partnership
T: 057 93 57462