Equestrian Centre Yard Manager required for the Castle Leslie Estate
The Castle Leslie Estate is currently recruiting for a permanent full-time Equestrian Centre Yard Manager to join our progressive and forward-thinking team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to progress in their career in the Equine Industry.
Closing Date for Applications will be Friday 28th July 2017.
Location: Glaslough, Co Monaghan
Reporting to: Equestrian Centre Business Manager
The role of the Yard Manager is suited to those who have a strong background in equestrian yard management and ideally with a third level qualification in equine management or other relevant and appropriate qualification together with BHSAI.
The Yard Mangers key role is to support the variety of equine related activities that are offered through supporting the yard staff, coaches and equestrian training programme staff. This position is suitable for a person with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in supervising, managing and motivating staff in a previous similar role.
Duties & Responsibilities of this position include :
• Supervision of Equestrian Centre staff in managing the day to day activities of the Equestrian Centre
• Supporting the coaches through the smooth running of the yard in relation to lessons, pony camps, private lessons, therapeutic riding and equine assisted programmes
• Dealing with clients with an emphasis on professionalism and hospitality
• Application of horse welfare management in line with best practice and available research
• Working within a team structure and a strong ability to self-manage in a dynamic environment
• Liaising with coaches and equestrian training programme staff in relation to day to day timetable related activities
• Ordering of supplies, feed, etc.,
• Liaising with vets, dentist, etc.,
• Regular meetings with staff
We provide a competitive salary, an excellent working environment and unique benefits for the right candidates.